Monday, July 16, 2012

Quitting The Old Job and Getting Ready For The New ONe

I was on medical leave for three weeks now, while I was out I got curious to see if something else was out there. I found a job in sales that spoke to me. It had everything I wanted paid travel, no reporting to a direct supervisor every minute of the day, and the ability to make more on my terms. I applied via email that was interested. The recruiter emailed that she would have a district manager call, he did and sent samples to do a test sales pitch. After waiting several days no longer than anticipated for the samples they arrived, ironically the same day I was admitted to have my gallbladder removed. I had to email the manager the sad news. "No problem," he says, "get it to me when you get out." I emailed him the video and now they are scheduled flight and hotel for Wednesday.  I still had to go tell my current employer that I was leaving. I turned in my resignation and said my goodbyes. It is never a surprise at my current job when someone leaves. I worked customer service for a major wireless carrier and stress and aggravation were always high.  I am not sad to leave the job, but I will miss friends I have made.  Now the nerves begin, I have never flown alone before and I will miss my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment